Making preparations to uproot...again

The hardest part about relocation is when I am making all the necessary preparations to leave. It is so draining to hang tough for the kids and the family...I guess the stress took a toil on me and I fell sick. But I tell you God has His amazing ways of picking me up. While packing, I found a card from my US church pastor and family...



All of a sudden, my spirit was lifted up.

These couple of years, I have learned that God doesn't just answer prayers when we close our eyes, kneel down and pray in church. Because of that, I have learned to talk to Him practically everywhere and anywhere. I sometimes find myself talking to Him as if He is right in front of me or venting my frustrations to Him as if He is like a long-time friend. God being God, of course I believe He can present Himself physically to me and answer me but that isn't the whole idea of the cross. He has chosen instead to respond in very perculiar way like in this instance...through a card. That brings me to my next line of thought...being a pastor. In my many years of being a Christian, I have found that the most successful pastors are not those who preach the best message with the most thought-provoking theologies...but those who have a passion for people, those who have the time for people...for to me, that exemplify Christ. Isn't the whole ministry of Christ, the whole purpose of Christ, the work at the cross...all point to God's love for people.

No comments:

Post a Comment