Bored kids

Have you seen any?


Waiting for school to start, waiting for our cargoes to arrive...wait, wait, wait

This is NOT a posted photograph. I caught it while Ann was watching Discovery and Kai was playing with his small robot. For once, the kids are dying to get back to school. Inspite of all the activities I have for them, nothing beats getting back to school!

p/s: there are no cartoons on TV, no cartoon network, no disney channel, no nothing....Now, I know why China kids work so very hard.


Read Chinese

Believe it or not, I have learned to read Chinese. English publications are hard to come by even if I managed to find them, it would cost alot more because they would be considered imported goods. Thankfully, I still have one English novel given by the kids' Uncle Moses at the airport when he came to see us off. I am 'rationing' my reading, so I am also reading ELLE in Chinese! But I have always find that the Chinese language is a very beautiful language, it is more wordy but very expressive. The same scene described in the Chinese language and the English language can bring out very different emotions. Thankfully, the Chinese characters used in China are in the simplifed form...also must thank our leaders for making Chinese a compulsory subject! So, children, LEARN YOUR CHINESE!

No comments:

Post a Comment