My therapy

Since I am in the land of xiao long bao and all dim sum nice, I thought I should take the opportunity to learn how to make dim sum from some of the (shifu) experts here. I was being recommended to The Chinese Cooking Workshop to learn.

Looking from the outside, the place really look rundown, however, upon entering the kitchen, I was greeted by my dream kitchen. (Again, never judge a book by its cover) Very big, very spacious kitchen and with a huge work station. The kitchen was converted from a warehouse...Inside stood a nice middle-age lady. Very cheerful, very chatty lady. Not your old-fashioned traditional shifu, waiting to 'torture' any new apprentice. Definitely, not Gordon Ramsey from Hell Kitchen!


Told you, it's BIG


Guo shifu


Basic ingredients


Not bad for a first-timer. Quite a lot to learn for a first lesson but I am not complaining


Close-up


Close-up again


Oooh, they have the best vinegar here to go with the dumplings. Brought home some and dh loves them too!

It was indeed very therapeutic, all the blues were blown away!

No comments:

Post a Comment