My last dim sum...

Sob, sob...tears of joy and tears of sadness...I have graduated from my dim sum course and these were the last few dim sum I did.



"Ba pao" or meat steam bun. Mine was so good even my teacher said hers wasn't as good as mine. When you have a good teacher, you have a good student


Pearl dumpling. Very special dim sum, the outside is made of glutinous rice and flour. Nice soft sticky feel.


This one reminded me of the famous Crown Prince flaky mooncake but I must say (another Singaporean friend also agreed)
that this pastry is way better than the one sold at home.


From here, I hope you can imagine how flaky is the pastry.


Using the same dough, we tried out a different recipe. Hmm....one word to describe - superlicious!

I have come to the end of my dim sum course. A wonderful learning experience. What I used to see only on TV, I was able to learn from the real expert. What an eye opener indeed. What used to look and seem difficult to do, I now know that it is indeed easy. Imagine the amount of money I will be saving eating my own home-made dim sum from this day onwards!

No comments:

Post a Comment