Therapy to my rescue


Kai has been having his final year examinations but my dear boy is as cool as a cucumber. Ask him to study, he said he already know. Yours truly here is stressed and he, who is sitting for the exams is so relax. Oh God, please help me.

What else is there to do but to plunge head-on into my cooking therapy....

People in China drink alot of soya bean milk and they drink home-made ones. Like what they say, when in Rome, do as the Romans do and I say, when in China, do as the Chinese do!

I went to buy a soya bean milk making machine. Very popular here.


The wonderful thing about this machine is that you need not soak the beans. Just throw them in with some rock sugar and add in the
right amount of water and see the machine at work.

Then, I attempted one of my most daring cooking therapy...making one of the nyonya kueh, the 9 layers kueh (九层糕)



Ok, there isn't 9 layers. I did a check, 9 layers kueh doesn't mean it has to be 9 layers. Just means, it has many layers.
Not too bad for someone who is never game for such delicacy. A pat on my shoulder!

1 comment: