Food paradise again
I really have to work out really hard when I get home. So much food....

This morning the family decided to head home, Holland Village where we used to stay...

I have seen the up and down and up, up, up of Holland Village. I have spent a huge time of my life here...since I was eight years old. Yes, that long!

Not only dh and I miss our local food, even Kai and Ann also miss the local dishes...

The black and white fried carrot cake

Although it is called carrot cake, it is actually made of radish and rice flour mixed together, steamed, cooled and fried with eggs. The black ones are fried with dark soy sauce and the white ones are fried without the dark sauce. I personally prefer the black carrot cake. Sadly, most stalls nowadays buy the factory-produced carrot cake and fry them. Very few hand-made their carrot cake because it involved a lot of work.


Wanton (meat dumplings) noodles. This is the Potian wanton noodles. The noodles are perfectly cooked, springy (al dente), sauce, chillies are mixed to perfection. The wantons are small but full of wanton flavour! Aiya, you must eat to know what I mean. I find the stall at Holland Village hawker center is the best. Each time I eat them, it just gives me  wonderful memories of my childhood days, eating wanton mee sold by this elderly couple who used to sell them at the Tanglin Halt food market. Delicious! Just writing about it is already making me drool...

No comments:

Post a Comment