Golden Week?

It was the Golden Week of China. I do not really enjoy public holidays here. They are just too long (I thought summer vacation just ended?) and having no places to go. Ok, perhaps, I should say that there are places to go BUT there are just too many people. The last I want to do for a holiday is to have people pushing and shoving me around.

One thing which I cannot understand is that why do they need to extend a three day holiday to a five day holiday and have people going back to work  and students going back to school for the weekends (Does not apply to International schools). Tell, me who will be really working on a weekend. This is the most absurd  practice. Not long ago, there was an article on this practice in a local magazine. The writer was saying that making people go back to work on weekends is a waste of company's overheads. The lights are turned on, air-con running and what do the staff do? Surfing the net, checking emails, chatting in the pantry…busy with every other thing except work.  I have to agree.

No comments:

Post a Comment