What a wonderful number, 45!

Yours truly is now 45! I have never had any issue with revealing my age. There is a saying "never ask a woman about her age." To me, that is so pas·sé . Out of fashion. Few weeks back, I had a conversation with a Chinese lady at the compound. We were talking about life and I revealed that I would be turning 45 soon. Her reply,  "开什么玩笑!" I took it as a compliment.

When you have reached this stage, birthdays are often just spent with your family and loved ones.  This year, the special day fell on a weekday, so  it was just I, me and myself. It was a good time to be at peace with oneself.

The day kicked off with, as usual, breakfast with the spouse and sending the kids to school. After which, it was time at the gym. Perhaps, the secret to stay young *wink*. Then it was home…baking with Jacky Cheung. Yes, baking my own birthday cake with Jacky singing in the background. Some may think it is pathetic. To me, that's therapeutic…pure joy.

DSC05513DSC05515
Ingredients : frozen durian from Malaysia. Durian puree + whip cream + heavy cream…sinful? But I just came back from the gym *smile*

DSC05517DSC05518
Intense coffee and rich cocoa powder

DSC05524DSC05525
Lady fingers, not the veg but some kind of sponge sticks and Baker's bitter sweet chocolate…heavenly

DSC05527
Durian tiramisu birthday cake. Hehehe...

DSC05555
Pure indulgence!

The day time….(sing it) All by myself….When night fell….
DSC05551DSC05553
Isn't it pure joy to have some silence and sanity in the morning?

Well, actually the birthday dinner was held two days earlier at my favourite restaurant
DSC05421
A Spanish restaurant along the Bund. It is a pretty pricey place so the family only come for special occasion. Pricey but money well-spent. In a country where food scare is a way of life, paying premium for premium food is every cent well-spent. Food is good, ambience fantastic, service impeccable. What else do you want?

DSC05423DSC05467
Nice right? The best thing is that they welcome kids. This is something which SG fine dinning restaurant must learn from them.

DSC05470DSC05475
Enjoying their dessert. Passion fruit sorbert for him and vanilla ice-cream for her. Verdict – Ann said, "this is what I call, a real ice-cream". Homemade ice-cream from the restaurant, no brand.

DSC05494DSC05498
Stroll along the Bund ... By the way, the lights in the background…they are not always turned on. It was turned on to celebrate my birthday. Believe?

DSC05508DSC05509
Birthday present from the spouse. Samsung Galaxy Tab hand-carried from SG to here. Useful for scribbling all my daily notes and weekly sermons. Reading up on my latest news, "chatting" with my mama friends... But before I can do all that, I must first learn how to use it. Anyone out there has a Guide for Dummies, please leave a line.

DSC05510DSC05511
See, it has ChannelNews Asia apps. My favourite Jamie O as the wall paper. That's about all that I could to with this tech gizmo.

DSC05542DSC05539
Birthday greeting from the son. A treasure hunt, in search of my birthday gift from the daughter.

DSC05537DSC05541
A treasure box of all her handy works. So sweet.

me in younger daysDSC05429
Then….Now. I can still remember vividly, dressing up and getting ready for that studio shot with my sister. Cute or not? Happiness is having wonderful memories.

For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother’s womb.
I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful,  I know that full well. (Ps 139 :13,14)

我 的 肺 腑 是 你 所 造 的 ; 我 在 母 腹 中 , 你 已 覆 庇 我 。
我 要 称 谢 你 , 因 我 受 造 , 奇 妙 可 畏 ; 你 的 作 为 奇 妙 , 这 是 我 心 深 知 道 的 。(詩 篇 139 : 13, 14)

No comments:

Post a Comment