Lost treasure

People ask me, how do I managed to move from one country to another. Moving house is tough enough, imagine moving from country to country. Of course it is tough and it is something you learn as you do. The more you do, the more experienced you are. The secret is planning way ahead. Don't procrastinate. I tell you, if you leave everything to the last minute, you will collapse. Since middle of last year, I have already started giving away clothes, books which my kids have classified as "non-readable" (it is very difficult to get them to part with their books) and many miscellaneous stuff.

Today, I found something…
DSC06610
Kai's very first pair of moccasins. We bought it for him when he was two years old. He has long out-grown it but I just couldn't bring myself to give it away. It is such a nice pair of shoes and the workmanship is simply out of this world. Just look at the shoes. It is well-worn but definitely not torn.


DSC06611  
These were Kai's and Ann's baby shoes. I framed them up. I remembered the spouse and I were running around looking for a pair of shoes for Ann. It was the eve of Chinese New Year. She has no shoes and we couldn't possibly allow her to go out bare-footed. Finally, at a shop selling baby wear, they had this last pair of shoes on display and we bought it immediately.

Now, you know that I am such a sentimental freak!

No comments:

Post a Comment