Track and Field Day

The kids were privileged to be able to use the brand new running track. It was built only last summer and this is the very first time, the school has an official Track and Field Day. However, it will also be the last for the kids as we will be repatriating this autumn.

DSC06633
DSC06634DSC06635
Beautiful track and field. A couple of kids fell during their events. In tracks like these, one has to put on proper running shoes. Something the kids will learn.
DSC06648DSC06652
Kids marching in…

DSC06638DSC06660
Now, who do I see here? Can you spot Kai with his book? That is my boy, no matter where…he must always have a book with him. Hello…my son, it is Sports Day lah!

DSC06694DSC06701
DSC06814DSC06816
Waiting eagerly for his turn. On lane three, he was doing the 60m hurdle….and yes, he came in first. Thanks to his long legs.

DSC06719DSC06724
Can you spot her? It is pretty obvious. She is one super expressive girl

DSC06751DSC06752
Focused …"how should I do it"….

The erratic weather of Shanghai threatened to dampen the special day. In fact, the school was prepared to change the date. For the whole week leading to that day, the kids were praying heart for good weather. Well, Jesus loves the little children. The weather was more than perfect. No rain, no sun. Just a nice cool breeze throughout the day.

When we were on our way to school that morning, I reminded Kai and Ann. Go out there and do your best, win or lose, it really didn't matter. Don't cry and don't blame your friends for the loss. It was a timely reminder. Sometimes, kids do get carried away with just winning. Ann's team didn't win and she took it very well. In fact, we all cheered for the last boy who finished the race. Yes, I am not the typical kiasu Singaporean mum and I am not the tiger mum. I push them of course. I push them all the time to do their best because, one cannot be slothful. Whatever the result maybe, if you can tell yourself honestly, I have already done by best…that's all it matters!

The day went so well until Ann's pre-school class teacher and the pre-school head of division came to tell me an unfortunate event. Ann had knocked herself and was badly bruised. You know what, it had nothing to do with the sports day, she got injured in class. When I went to see her at the sick bay, she was crying profusely. I know her so well. She will never shed a tear if the pain is bearable. So, it was a nasty fall.  I wanted to bring her home but she insisted on staying back for the rest of the games. Yeap, that's her. Forcing her to go home will bring her greater pain than her bruised head!

DSC06838
Bruised and swollen forehead but now, all's well.

No comments:

Post a Comment