Making preparations...

Now, we are picking up speed on our relocation preparation. I am so thankful. God has once again deliver angels in disguise.

I got to know a mummy through my 'mummy cyberworld'. She shared about her many years of relocating from places to places. She mentioned that she has been on the move since her first child was two years old (the child is now 12 years old).

Wow...that's a lot of moving, that's a global nomad! Comparing myself to her, what I have gone through and going through is really nothing.

Another mummy from the cyberworld introduced me to the person in-charge of the Singapore Int'l school and I have been in touch with him. He (Mr Chan) has most certainly helped to put my mind and my heart at rest in the area of education for both Kai and Ann. They will both be able to attend the same school. Mr Chan is always so quick to answer all my queries. I am really very grateful to him. Not only in terms of school, he has also helped us locate good neighbourhoods.

I have said it and I will say again - the power of the internet! Remember, it was the internet which brought us to the little chapel on the hilltop in PA where we found much love and the Loves! That love is still pouring in.

Barb Love emailed me "My personal opinion is that families should try to stick together as much as possible. That is where the kids bounds and boundaries come from - secure parents having a constant in their lives where they can be free to develop."

I have to agree. The environment may change, the school may change... but as long as the kids can return to a constant familiarity, (it's defined as "freedom of behavior justified only by the closest relationship")return to a sanctuary, feel secured and protected all the time, free to express their views and be themselves...then moving will no longer be a fear but always a joy to look forward to.

Perhaps, this relocation is reminding me not to go all treaded path but to create new path in an untreaded road.

Be strong and courageous. Do not fear or be in dread of them, for it is the Lord your God who goes with you. He will not leave you or forsake you - Deut 31:6

No comments:

Post a Comment