We went Japanese

You can call this a 'perk me up' dinner. It has been nothing but work and more work for Kai. It's the examination fever. Kai loves learning, it's the exams he hates very much. Well, all kids are like that. I have yet to find a kid who can tell me joyfully, "Exams, I LOVE it!" In fact, he has been complaining that it has been nothing but "do work in school, do work at home..." I had to remind him what comes after exams....HOLIDAYS!!!

No, I am not into feeding him with chicken essence or tonic soup (this is Chinese herbal soup meant for keep us strong and healthy) but I try my hardest to make meal time interesting and healthy. At least there is still some fun.


Yup...Japanese rice and beef teriyaki, Kai's favourite. He finished his rice first and slowly, savour his meat!

Sorry, not in the picture were to-fu and egg miso soup and tepanyaki bean sprouts...all went into the tummy in no time.

2 comments:

  1. I love how you decorate the rice cakes. Simple but cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Eileen.

    Sometimes, a little deco can really brighten up a simple food ;)

    ReplyDelete