Culture shock, shock, SHOCK!

These two are the greatest culture shock for me todate...I brace myself for more to come in the days to come.

Culture shock I
Yesterday, brought the kids to IKEA. Wanted to look for a patio umbrella, thought that it be would nice to have our meals outdoor once a while. I am sure, all of us have been to IKEA, at least,once a while. IKEA always display their furnitures at the entrance, sofa set, shelves, cupboards etc...Likewise, for Shanghai IKEA but... I was so shocked to find shoppers or non-shoppers, snoozing, eating, feeding toddlers on the living room display set. It was like they were at their own home. Security guards and staff did nothing to stop them. They just left them to do as they wish. I was utterly shocked and so were Kai and Ann. Came home and related the incident to dh, he said, maybe that's their selling tactic, to show that their products are friendly and long-lasting.Hmm...dh has a very good point.

Culture shock II
Today, the kids and I decided to have KFC for lunch. Back home, we Q up to buy our food and we stay at least one foot away from the person in front of us but here, the people Q up...literally breathing down your neck from behind. My mistake was to go during lunch time. I vowed, never to step into a fast-food restaurant during lunch time.

When you cannot change them, you change yourself and your habits.

Awake, O north wind, and come, thou south, blow upon my garden that the spices thereof may flow out ! The Song of Solomon 4:16.
Trials and adversities often emit the richest qualities, lessons in Life.

No comments:

Post a Comment