"Mummy, I will be working my butt out!"

Kai made this comment.

You see, once school starts in two weeks time, Kai will move to P4. Yes, he kinda of jump grade. If in Singapore, he would still be in P3. That means, while it is still summer vacation here, I have been giving him his P3 work so that he could catch up on his P4 work when school starts. Back home, he had a 'crash' course. I had a really good lady who was waiting to go into the medicine faculty in NUS (National University of Singapore) to come in and coach Kai on his P3 second semesters' work. She really did a great job. But of course, I must give credit to Kai for being a fast learner which the tutor also commented.

Just in case you think the kids are having holidays (actually one of Kai's classmate emailed him with this, "enjoy your holidays in Shanghai."), they are actually having homeschooling with yours truly.

The kids were asking for a 'spare me' day. I guess I must constantly remind myself that living a nomad life, education for the kids must not be restricted to just going to school, doing school work...it should also encompass other aspects of learning. Ok, mummy's heart has softened. I brought them to the Shanghai Ocean Aquarium.


Here we go...


Do not disturb, learning in progress. Here, they are discouraging people from eating shark fins. It was an interesting read and Kai thoroughly enjoyed himself.


The Indiana Jones...(Since coming back from Japan, Ann is into showing her peace sign)


The kids find this creature the most interesting...it's our first time looking at one. It is not a sword fish but a saw fish!


Into the deep blue sea

Presenting the sea creatures which we saw....









Finding Nemo


Straight into the shark's mouth...don't play, play...it is the real thing!


Having fun with other 'animals'.


With the penguins and...what are my kids doing in a fish tank?

This is my personal favourite...

Can you spot the crocodile? In case you think this is fake, this is actually real. The kids and I were really amazed by the ducks, fishes, turtles and the crocodiles all living peacefully in the same pond. Really, they are a great example for us...inspite of the differences and not forgetting some are predators, they all can live together without hurting each other.





No comments:

Post a Comment