Back to the basics

Well, I did the unthinkable the other day at the supermarket. I was Q-ing up at the cashier. (There were many people behind me). This local lady came up to me and spoke in Shanghainese which I do not understand but I kind of guessed what she wanted. She wanted me to pay for her packet of yoghurt. Ok, it's not alot of item but hello...there is a Q behind me. I politely told her that she should Q up like the rest and it is not fair for those behind me if I were to pay for her! She walked off after that.

I tell you, the locals here are not the best people to reason with. Every tiny bit of event can cause them to talk at the top of their voices (in other word, shouting) and soon a crowd will be formed...where did I get that courage from...only God knows.

Another day, I met the most polite cashier since arriving at Shanghai. I complimented her for her good service and thanked her. You should have looked at her expression...in a state of shock. Wondering where did this ailen come from.

We really need to learn to say 'no' to the undesirables and give credits when they are due.

No comments:

Post a Comment