First blunder...
This must be my first blunder since Kai and Ann started school. I consider myself a meticulous person. I record everything I need to know and need to do. I always have my shopping/marketing list. I even have a schedule of where I should go marketing for the week. I also make a list of things to pack for each holiday. I also have a weekly menu done up at the start of each week. In short, I expect alot from myself, making sure nothing goes wrong and everything done as proper as possible.

Hahaha, all human beings will fail no matter how prepared you are.

I was still in my dreamland when my handphone vibrated just beside me. Thank God, I am a light sleeper. I don't need sound to wake me up, just the slightest motion, I will be jolted out of bed.

It was Kai's class teacher calling. I tried to sound as awake as I possibly could.

"Good morning, Shirley. Is Kai in school today?"
"Huh, isn't it Monday today?"
"Yes"
"Isn't school starting on Tuesday, 4 Jan 2011?"
"No, not for SSIS!"

SCREAM........I have completely forgotten that school starts on the 3 Jan 2011. Although, it was an official holiday but the school, being an International school could choose to start earlier. I must have recorded 4 Jan in my mind because I have been reading in the news that school only starts on the 4th in Singapore and with my nephews with me during the holidays, always talking about going back to school on the 4th. My brain just remembered 4 Jan.

In record time, I got changed, got both kids out of bed with breakfast taken and dashed to school in less than one hour!

No comments:

Post a Comment