I haven't lost it...
My tenth anniversary as a stay-at-home-mum (SAHM). Kai was one when I decided to hang up my office wear. He is now 11 years old. Ten long years. Was it easy? Was it hard? To tell you it was sweet and plain sailing is simply lying to you through my nose! Every mum will tell you that having kids is easy but raising them is a challenge.

Prior to being a SAHM, public speaking and making presentations have always been a breeze but after ten long years of raising kids, talking to them only and facing the four walls, I wouldn't expect to still possess these skills. My only presentation these days is probably to my blog and perhaps "talking" to you, my most distinguished readers (if you are still reading).

Recently, I was asked to share about my kids' schooling experience in front of 50 to 80 expats. Not easy for someone who hasn't done it for a decade! Well, I didn't go on a journey for nothing..."if there is any good I can do, let me do it now for I will never pass this way again." I thought it would be good to share my experience with newbie expats. Also, a good way to celebrate my tenth anniversary as a full-time mum! So, with courage from, God knows where, I agreed!

At the end of it, this is the feedback I got....

Hi,
I just wanted to let you know that I had several people say that they thought your words about the school were very interesting and helpful. You gave a very fair and accurate assessment of the school and the expectations of the students enrolled- this is exactly the info that people need to hear when choosing a school...yet, it's very difficult to find out....Thank you again for spending the time and energy to help with the event. You were a very eloquent speaker- fantastic job!
Thanks!


Thank you for the opportunity too. Looks like I haven't lost it!

No comments:

Post a Comment