Thoughts…

As you know, the great firewall blocks off many sites and one of them is the Facebook. To get into it, I will need a virtual private network (VPN). So, I don't really go in often. Only when time permits, I will have a look and it is important to check in once a while cos' there are many friends in there who post very essential things and not just small talks.

I saw one of my many old friends in there. She posted her  children's achievements and I was very touched. You see, they are not the ordinary parents who sent their kids to numerous classes to excel. Her husband is a preacher and she is his assistant. They have three kids. The eldest just ORD (term used to mean, one has finished his National Service) as a commando. Imagine, I carried this boy when he was only a baby. All three of them are very accomplished young adults. Their daughter made good short films of which, one was selected to be  featured overseas. Husband and wife travelled extensively for speaking engagements yet three kids grew up to be fine young people.

Even among my friends, some of the most educated, most well-off, their kids received the most elaborate education, didn't even come close to any of these three kids.

What I am trying to say is that…sometimes, the best we can give to our kids is really to leave them to bloom under the guidance of God. Something, I am learning to do each day.

http://revgeorgeong.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=46&Itemid=57

No comments:

Post a Comment