Why I like him?

I love Jamie Oliver. As a person who loves to cook and bake and basically experiment in the kitchen, I find his recipe extremely easy to follow and almost 100% successful each time I try them out. Although he is known as a celebrity chef yet he is very different from the rest. For one, he doesn't dressed up to cook even on National TV. Please tell me who dressed up to cook in the kitchen? He has a very strong voice for eating healthily and that does not mean expensive food. A cheap cut meat can have all the nutrients needed for a healthy body and he teaches his audience how to go about cooking it using the common ingredients found in the market. The way to healthy living is eating REAL food... period.

I think one of his biggest contribution to society is starting FIFTEEN, a cooking programme meant for training street kids in London how to cook and hence, able to get a job.  Giving them a chance to survive in society using culinary skills taught by himself and his team.  If more rich and successful person can think like him, the world will be a much better place for all, even the under privileged.

DSC05808DSC05811
My collection of Jamie O's magazines and cookbooks

DSC05813
My little library of cooking books and magazines. I got to get a proper storage place when I go back home.

No comments:

Post a Comment