Look after yourself well

Let me tell you why it is no good to fall sick here. For us foreigners, we usually go to the "imported" clinics with "imported" doctors. Yes, you feel safe and confident enough to know that you will be in good hands BUT…the medicine prescribed  are all local medicine. That's not all, the price you pay is also "imported" price. Just seeing a GP can easily cost you USD150 to USD200. So, what do we do? Self-medicate.

I was struck with a stomach virus. Don't know where it came from? I was home most of the time, ate home-cooked food and I was the only one who got it. The spouse said that it is in the air cos' two of his staff were also having diahorrea. 

I started off taking the charcoal pills, by lunch time, I took panadol because the bones were starting to ache. Managed to drag myself to school to pick up the kids. Then it was downhill all the way, at one point, I couldn't even get up.  After a simple meal of white rice and fish soup, it was smecta and lots of sleep in between. Wah-la…the next day, I was as good as new!  Kai was most happy to see mama well again. He said that sleep is important because that's when the body repairs itself!

One other reason is because mama has been looking after herself well. Weekly exercise, daily stretching and good old home-cooked meals! Doesn't this encourage you to lead a healthier life?

No comments:

Post a Comment