A new revelation and all about giving

Having been a Christian for many decades doesn't make me a professor of the Bible. The Bible is one book where new things are often revealed in old passages.

Not too long ago, a speaker spoke about God being someone who felt for the lowly, the underprivileged, the special people in society. One very profound question he asked.

"Why were shepherds chosen to be the first to receive the good news from the angel". Everything that is recorded in the Bible has its significance. When God uses someone for great things, He often choose the lowly ones.

"And there were shepherds living out in the fields nearby, keeping watch over their flocks at night. An angel of the Lord appeared to them, and the glory of the Lord shone around them, and they were terrified. But the angel said to them, “Do not be afraid. I bring you good news that will cause great joy for all the people. Today in the town of David a Saviour has been born to you; he is the Messiah, the Lord. This will be a sign to you: You will find a baby wrapped in cloths and lying in a manger.” Suddenly a great company of the heavenly host appeared with the angel, praising God and saying,

 “Glory to God in the highest heaven, and on earth peace to those on whom his favour rests.”

 When the angels had left them and gone into heaven, the shepherds said to one another, “Let’s go to Bethlehem and see this thing that has happened, which the Lord has told us about.” (Luke 2:8 – 15)

Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress... (James 1: 27)

I have often said, "you may be doing well but other are not." If change has to take place so that those who are less privileged than us can have a better life, why not even if the change is painful. Sadly, many do not see it that way. To them, "why rock the boat ?"

God loves the underprivileged so much that He considers Himself one of them...

For I was hungry and you gave me no food, I was thirsty and you gave me no drink,  I was a stranger and you did not welcome me, naked and you did not clothe me, sick and in prison and you did not visit me.’ Then they also will answer, saying, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry or thirsty or a stranger or naked or sick or in prison, and did not minister to you?’ Then he will answer them, saying, ‘Truly, I say to you, as you did not do it to one of the least of these, you did not do it to me.’
(Matt 25:44 - 45)


Not long ago, I read this in facebook...

"This Labour Day, I hope to bless 12 ladies from low income families who have the desire and interest to bake but cannot afford to go for any kind of classes. Its not always about the profit I would make from them. But more to see the smiles on their faces and the joy they give me as an inspiration for me to carry on teaching. So tomorrow comes, I put aside my chef uniform and join the ladies in laughter and smiles to bake donuts and fill it up with love and lots of it. Happy a Blessed Labour Day 2012..!"

I am very inspired by this lady. God has indeed bless her richly and she is not hoarding these blessings. You know why she is so willing to share? She saw her mum did it. You know why her mum did it? She saw her own mum (the lady's granny) did it. So you see, it is really important to leave behind a legacy for your children, your children's children.


I also happen to know of a lady who runs a beauty salon. She gives free massage and facial to missionaries.


I hope, my dream of giving back to society will come true one day too. Never too old, never too late.












No comments:

Post a Comment