HE IS SO GOOD!

Yes, God is good and He is so good.

Someone told me that it took her one year to settle in here and I can fully agree. I find it tougher to settle in here than in the States. And God knows, here was what He gave me one morning...

"Last fall my wife, Carolyn and I were driving up a winding mountain road near our home in Idaho when we came across a large flock of sheep moving down the road towards us. A lone shepherd with his dogs was in the vanguard, leading his flock out of summer pasture into lowlands and winter quarters...We watched them until they were out of sight, then I wondered: Do sheep fear change, movement, new places?

Like most older folks, I like the old familiar places. But all is shifting and changing these days; I am being led out, away from familiar surroundings to a vast unknown. What new limits will overtake me in the coming days? What nameless fears will awaken? We may well be dismayed at what life has for us this year and next, but our Shepherd knows the way we're taking. And He goes before. He will not lead us down paths too dangerous or too arduous where He cannot help us. He knows our limits. He knows the way to green pasture and good water; all we have to do is FOLLOW" - David Roper (ODB)


"The watchman opens the gate for him, and the sheep listen to his voice. He calls his own sheep by name and leads them out. When he has brought out all his own, he goes on ahead of them, and his sheep follow him because they know his voice." John 10:1-6

No comments:

Post a Comment