She maybe young…

In the morning, I was telling the kids that don't always assume that life is always comfortable…good food, good home, good school…Nothing is for certain. An economic crisis, a political instability, natural disaster…all these events can take place and they are all beyond our control. It is not negative education but giving them a lesson in reality. I told them they must always be prepared to live simply. Of course, while we have, we appreciate them, we enjoy them and if we don't have, we must still live a happy simple life.

We were having our lunch in a restaurant which serves quite  good  chicken wings. Ann loves them. She was thinking and thinking if she should have one more serving of the wings. You know why she was thinking so hard? She ran out of her drinks. If she eats another wing, she will have no more water to drink. Looking at her and knowing her (Ann is pretty much a foodie like me), I asked her…

me : would you like to have another wing?

she : but I don't have any more water.

me :  we can always order another cup, do you want?

she : if it takes too much money, nevermind lah

awww…..I gave her a big squeeze and told the waiter to give her another cup of drink

(so melt your heart when you know that your kids have been listening and remembering)

No comments:

Post a Comment