No more child's fare

Was looking at some airfares to fly home with Kai for his DSA entry test. I have come to realise that Kai no longer qualifies for child's fare. The child's fare is only for kids from two to 11 years old. From now on, each time we fly, I must make sure that I buy three adults fare and one child's fare. What does this mean?

My miracle number one, my baby boy, my prince… is no longer small. He is now a young man. The way to teach him, the way to discipline him, the way to guide him, all has to change. The string to the kite has to be loosened a lot more but still hanging on to it. I have to allow him to fly further and higher but I still need to pull him back a little when the wind becomes too strong for him. Child-rearing is indeed not for the faint-hearted but having said that, it doesn't mean you stop doing it. Wisdom is the key.

Is it possible to be too helpful? Can our helpfulness actually make life more difficult for others? Yes, if we’re being bothersome, intrusive, smothering, manipulative, or controlling. If the help we are giving is driven only by our own anxiety, we may be just trying to help ourselves. David H. Roper

Yes, something I must constantly remind myself. Being a mom, it is so easy to be driven by anxieties but I got to learn to let go and let God especially when it comes to the kids.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the timely reminder to let go and let God. My oldest girl turns 13 very soon, and I know I am not ready to let go, but I trust in Him.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Being mum, we do have our worries. We got to remind each other. :)

    ReplyDelete